Wilcox Wellness & Fitness is a rapidly growing personal training business in Bangor, Maine. Our mission is to inspire people to enhance their life by forming healthy habits that they can sustain for a lifetime. Our business is growing and we are looking to hire another full time personal trainer. We believe that the job of a personal trainer is the most important job in the world. As a personal trainer, you are helping people live their very best lives. The work is incredibly fulfilling. As a team, we absolutely love the work that we do to make the world a better place.
5 REASONS TO BE A PERSONAL TRAINER AT WILCOX
- PASSION. Do what you love! Your job as a trainer at WILCOX is to do what you love – train people & create massive impact in their life. Not all that extra administrative stuff that is associated with being an independent contractor.
- TEAM. Be part of an incredible team! Our team LOVEs their job and it shows.
- COMMUNITY. Join our amazing community. Our clients are amazing. Work doesn’t feel like work when you are surrounded by a community that feels like family.
- GROWTH. Our team supports each other and is dedicated to continuous improvement. Iron sharpens iron. You will be inspired on a weekly basis via our TTT (trainer training the trainer) sessions and team HUDDLE.
- BUSINESS INFRASTRUCTURE. We handle all of the nitty gritty of the business so you can just focus on what you love – training clients. We will handle all of the client acquisition, retention, and fill your schedule for you.
WHAT WE DO
We help people live their very best lives through forming healthy habits they can sustain for a lifetime. We care deeply about our client’s success and are dedicated to being enthusiastic, encouraging, and supportive. We provide consistent guidance to living and sustaining a healthy lifestyle.
In a nutshell, we help people live their dreams by giving them a solid
foundation of health and fitness. It is incredibly exciting and fulfilling work.
We create impact in peoples lives by showing them how to commit to healthy living. This positive change causes a ripple effect in our community, positively impacting even more lives. We lead a team of passionate and inspiring individuals who do great work and love what they do. They are the best at what they do and they have a great time doing it.
THIS POSITION IS FOR YOU IF...
- You want to help people live their best life through health and fitness.
- You believe that being a personal trainer is the most important job in the world – you make the world a better place by helping people live healthy.
- You love fitness and you love training people.
- You want to build a career in the health and fitness field.
- You are super friendly and you like working with people.
- You embrace healthy living and are excited to help others enhance their life through heathy living.
- You are a team player!
- You have a high level of integrity, professionalism, and positive energy.
- You have a love for learning and embrace a mindset of continuous improvement.
- You want to do what you do best – training people. You do not want to have to deal with the business aspects of marketing, accounting, operations, etc…
- You think coaching proper form is a huge responsibility that you do not take lightly.
- You think functional training is AWESOME and you think people are designed to be powered by whole foods!
THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR YOU IF...
- You enjoy administrative work.
- You want to go it alone – build your own business – do your own thing…
- You are more into your personal fitness gains than impacting others through health and fitness.
SO... WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Coaching both private and group personal training sessions.
- Designing engaging, fun, and effective workouts for all fitness levels.
- Coaching proper form so that that clients get great results and avoid injury.
- Supporting our clients along their health and fitness journey.
- Reinforcing the concepts in our Healthy Living Guidebook to help clients stay on track and get great results in their training program.
- Enhancing the overall client experience.
- Getting support from our team to help you be at your very best.
- Attending our weekly TTT (Trainers Training the Trainers) session to hone, polish, and perfect your training skills.
- Working closely with a passionate team to create positive IMPACT in our community.
SO... WHAT WILL YOU NOT BE DOING?
- Hustling to get clients – we will take care of that for you…
- Administrative work – we’ve got you covered…
- Janitorial work – there are professionals for that...
- Marketing / Consultations / Sales Process – professionals for that too…
- Making ad hoc nutrition / training plans to support your clients – this is already set up for you!
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM...
- Our Process: We allow you to do what you do best: lead training sessions. We take care of all of the back end business processes so that you can shine.
- Business Growth: We hire only full time personal trainers. Our job is to grow your hours to full time as soon as possible. In this role, it is possible to be training full time within just a few months.
- Career Growth: You will have lots of opportunity for career growth with us. Be part of a talented team where you will be challenged. We move fast and make great things happen. We are growing quickly and will promote from within.
- Career Development: We invest heavily in our trainer team's career development.
- Systems: We have many systems in place to help with client retention and because of that we have very happy clients. You get to do the fun part – train, inspire, lead!
- Learn: We are dedicated to continuous improvement. We are constantly evolving our training program and getting better as a team. You will be constantly inspired for your training sessions.
- Connections: you will be building relationships with some amazing people in our community.
- People: You will be working in a super fun, positive environment.
- Make a Difference: You will be making the world a better place by promoting healthy living.
- Train with Us: You will have access to FREE training sessions.
- Independence: The hours are flexible(ish). We will work with you to find a schedule that you LOVE.
TRAINER ONBOARDING PROGRAM...
- We have a complete paid trainer onboarding process designed to set you up for success as a personal trainer.
- This program is designed to get you up to speed quick so you can quickly start growing your personal training hours.
- This onboarding program covers all of our systems and processes so you can be prepared to talk to clients with confidence.
- You will have direct coaching mentorship from Paige and Mike Wilcox, the owners of Wilcox Wellness & Fitness.
OUR CORE VALUES...
- We are committed to a culture of continuous improvement by embracing challenges as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Work as a team to care for and support our clients and each other.
- Work with enthusiastic pride in producing results.
- Take action that serves clients, our team, and the business.
- We are a team of thoroughbreds who have fun by winning…
- Hard Work / No Drama / Embrace the Future
- Heart & Hustle
- The 4-Way Test
- We will continuously provide more value to all who we serve.
WHY THIS JOB IS IMPORTANT...
- We believe that the job of a personal trainer is the most important job in the world. As a personal trainer, you are helping people live their very best life. The ripple effect that you will create by helping people live their very best life will create incredible IMPACT in our community.
- We service hundreds of clients per year and we need trainers that are on board with our mission to help people enhance their life through healthy living.
- We are growing quickly and we need trainers to fulfill the service.
- We have a big vision that we can make the world a better place through health and fitness and this role will be a huge part of that vision.
- Personal Trainer Certification
- CPR Certification.
- College education (preferred, not required)
READY TO APPLY?
Please email email@example.com with your resume and one page cover letter describing why you have chosen a career helping people live their very best life. Experience is not necessary but a current personal training certificate is required.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!