It has been a lot of fun seeing many of you in outdoor training sessions this week! The trainer team has been doing a phenomenal job adapting to coaching outdoors and designing amazing training session with equipment that can be reasonably brought out to the tent. The response has been amazing and I’m so happy to be able to support this community through outdoor training as we continue to navigate our way through a COVID-19 world.
Brianna, the newest addition to our team, has been on-boarding with me all week and I’m excited to be working with her next week as she begins coaching some of the LIVEStream sessions. Brianna’s addition to the team will allow me to provide the community with a combination of LIVEStream and OUTDOOR Training Sessions so you can choose the option that is best for your personal situation, schedule, and preferences.
You will notice even more OUTDOOR options on the schedule starting next week and beginning the week of June 22nd you’ll find an even broader offering, which will continue into the foreseeable future.
As we got the OUTDOOR Training Sessions under way this week, we learned a few things.
Here are a few things for you to know before coming to your OUTDOOR Training Session:
1) Please arrive 10 minutes early so that we can start right on time.
2) Please bring a MASK with you to your training session. You do NOT have to wear a mask while exercising, but we do ask that you wear a mask if unable to maintain social distancing while signing the waiver, picking out your equipment, etc.
3) There is a 3' x 4' rubber mat at each station. You may find it helpful to have a towel handy for use under your feet or hands.
4) You may want to bring insect repellent - the bugs haven't been too bad, but the black flies and mosquitos are most active early in the morning and in the evening.
5) No special shoes required. You can wear your regular "outdoor sneakers". If you have left your sneakers at the gym you are welcome to take them and keep them until we return to indoor training again.
6) You will need to sign a waiver when you arrive. This waiver acknowledges your understanding of the risks of COVID-19 and certifies that you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 nor have you been in contact with anyone who has symptoms or who is in quarantine. You will need to sign this waiver before EVERY OUTDOOR session.
Before arriving for your outdoor training session please ask yourself the following questions. These are the questions that you will answer on the waiver. If you cannot answer “NO” to every question, please consider LIVEStream Training for the time being.
a. Have you been in close contact with anyone who has or had COVID-19?
b. Do you have a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or any other COVID-19 like symptoms?
c. Have you had a fever or felt feverish in the last 72hrs?
d. Have you experienced loss of taste or smell recently?
e. Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms in the last 14 days?
f. Are you living with anyone who has been sick or has been quarantined?
g. Have you traveled out of state hot spot in the past 14 days?
My goal is to support our community in staying active during this time and maintaining momentum, all within a safe environment. I appreciate your support as I navigate the State of Maine Guidelines and make adjustments as we learn more. I was very pleased to find that my plans to support a safe environment were very much in line with the guidelines that were released on Friday. This includes:
Indoor group training is still not permitted in Cumberland County, but in reading the guidelines issued for the 13 counties in Maine where gyms are reopening more fully, I am confident that our outdoor training process will prepare us to be ready when indoor training is allowed again. I will continue to assess the preferences of the community and determine if we want to move indoors once allowed or continue with OUTDOOR Training Sessions while the weather permits.
I am so very appreciative of the support of this community during this challenging time and appreciate your continued support and patience as we move through the reopening process. If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to reach out.
To your health!
Leave a Reply.
Hey Friends! This website has all the information you need to be set up for success LIVEStreaming our training sessions from home. Scroll down to 'categories' for easy navigation around this site.