I am excited to have INDOOR Training Sessions back on the schedule, starting this Saturday at 10am!!
I have been monitoring new COVID-19 infections as well as observing the outcome of other gyms in the area who re-opened to in-person, indoor options in mid-June. Based upon these observations and feedback from our client community I am confident in our ability to SAFELY begin offering INDOOR Training Options.
· I will continue to work to provide a variety of training platforms for you to choose from based upon your personal circumstances and preferences during COVID-19.
· LIVEStream Training Sessions will continue to be widely available, as will OUTDOOR Training Sessions in order to provide you with plenty of options.
· I will continue to monitor rates of new infections in Maine and follow the Governor’s recommendations in order to keep this community safe.
It is very exciting to be able to offer the indoor option! Indoor sessions will allow access to heavier weights, Slam Balls, Bosu Balls, Agility Drills, TRX, and more! I have hung TRX straps in each station so that you can access them within your training station.
INDOOR Training Sessions will be in the same format as the LIVEStream and OUTDOOR Sessions. The sessions will be 45 minutes in length and include a warm-up and cool down. Foam rollers will also be provided so that you can get back into the habit of doing some SMR before your training session (more info below). Both “INDOOR” and “INDOOR STS” Sessions will be on the schedule.
If you choose to attend INDOOR Training Sessions, you will be required to follow these important rules to help keep our community safe! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
FIRST AND FOREMOST: DO NOT COME TO ANY IN-PERSON TRAINING SESSION IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL, AROUND OTHERS WHO ARE NOT FEELING WELL OR IN QUARANTINE, OR IF YOU HAVE TRAVELED OUT OF STATE AND EXPOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
1) You will need to sign a COVID-19 waiver when you attend your first in-person training session. Subsequently, enrollment in a training session confirms your commitment to the terms of the waiver (waivers are located at the front desk counter).
2) Wear a mask when you arrive and up until you get into your training station.
3) Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your training session!
4) Bring INDOOR SNEAKERS and change your shoes when you arrive.
5) Leave your belongings in one of the provided chairs when you arrive. DO NOT use the cubbies.
6) Use hand sanitizer when you arrive and before entering the gym.
7) At this time, the bathrooms and changing rooms will be for emergencies only. Per state rules, the showers will be unavailable for use. YOU WILL NEED TO COME PREPARED TO TRAIN IN WHAT YOU ARE WEARING AND BRING YOUR OWN WATER SUPPLY. PLEASE LIMIT PERSONAL BELONGINGS AT THIS TIME.
DURING YOUR TRAINING SESSION:
1) Please go directly to your training station when you arrive. You may remove your mask once in your station, and throughout your training session.
2) You will have a “Training Bubble” where you will stay for the entire duration of the training session.
3) These bubbles are spaced to ensure that you can ALWAYS maintain 14’ of distance from your training neighbors.
4) Hand sanitizer will be provided at your station. Use it frequently and avoid touching your face.
5) A foam roller and blue mat will be in your station. You are encouraged to take some time before the start of your training session to perform some foam rolling! Let’s get back into the HABIT of giving our bodies this extra love – it will surely enhance your training experience!
6) Please observe the white "X" in your station and the directional arrow on the white tape. Always use the "X" as your reference point of where to be within your station and move in the direction of the arrow for any exercises that require movement.
7) Equipment will be dedicated to YOUR use. Please sanitize ALL equipment and the blue mat with the provided “pink” cleaner BEFORE and AFTER use. Please use Lysol Spray to sanitize the TRX after use.
8) If you need lighter or heavier weights please ask the trainer and they will get it for you.
9) Please put your mask back onto your face before leaving your training station.
1) Please leave IMMEDIATELY following your training session. If you want to catch up with an old training buddy please move out to the parking lot.
2) If you would like to leave your sneakers in the white cubbies please sanitize them before storing them.
3) Please use the sanitizer to clean the chair where you left your belongings.
Thank you very much for your cooperation and support in keeping our gym clean and community safe! I feel very fortunate to have such an incredible community of people here. I do not believe that these rules will need to be strictly enforced because I am confident in all of our commitment to following them. Please help us keep it that way by being observant of these rules and remaining diligent in safe practices.
If you have any questions just ask!
I'm so proud of Maine and how well we are doing in the fight against Corona Virus! While there is no doubt that we still have a long road ahead, and we MUST remain diligent as a community as we continue to prevent the spread of this disease, I do believe that we can safely begin including INDOOR training sessions for those of you who are ready.
I am putting the final touches on the schedule adjustments and plan to shift about 9 (out of 27) outdoor training sessions throughout the week to INDOORS and I'm looking to convert only 3 (out of 34) LIVEStream Sessions during the week to INDOORS. I have already added an INDOOR option at 10am on Saturdays starting THIS WEEK!
The INDOOR format will be the same as the LIVEStream and OUTDOOR Sessions. They will remain 45 minutes in length and include a warm up and cool down. **Please bring indoor sneakers for sessions inside the gym**
INDOOR Sessions will be limited to 5 participants in order to maintain recommended distancing, so be sure to sign up early or add yourself to the waitlist if already full.
It is important to me that you continue to have choices in the training formats available to you and that these adjustments don't impact your training schedule.
I have also been working with my landlords on additional safety precautions as I prepare to bring training sessions indoors. I have already upgraded the filters in the HVAC system to help trap particles that may be carrying the virus. Additionally, many businesses are opting to add UV sanitation devices to the HVAC system. I'm including a photo an article that was published in the July 9th issue of the New York Times talking about these modifications. We are expected to have this upgrade completed in this building this week.
There is still A LOT that is unknown about this virus, and I do not know to what extent these UV systems will help to minimize risk, but I do think that anything we can do to help the cause is worth doing. However, it does NOT replace our need to maintain good practices while at the gym together - wearing masks before and after our training sessions, cleaning equipment before and after use, washing our hands frequently, avoiding contact with our hands and face, wearing indoor sneakers while at the gym, etc. I appreciate all of your efforts in following these necessary protocols and am very confident in our ability to keep each other healthy & safe during this unusual time.
You will be seeing some scheduling adjustments shortly, so take a look and let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing some of you INDOORS, and continuing to see many of you via LIVEStream and OUTDOORS!
Have a great day!
To help in streamlining the check in process for in-person training sessions I am updating the waiver process.
If you have already signed a waiver you will not need to sign it again. If you have not attended an in-person training session you will sign the COVID-19 Waiver one time upon attending your first session and it will be kept in your file.
For every subsequent training session that you attend you will acknowledge your understanding of the risks outlined in the waiver through your act of enrolling in the training session. You will also be certifying that you do not have symptoms of COVID-19 nor have you been exposed to someone who has, had, or is suspected of having COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
When you enroll in a session in Pike 13 you will see the following message:
WILCOX WELLNESS & FITNESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, & WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT:
YOU WILL SIGN A COVID-19 WAIVER WHEN YOU ATTEND YOUR FIRST IN-PERSON SESSION, WHICH WILL BE KEPT IN YOUR FILE.
BY ENROLLING IN THIS TRAINING SESSION YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19 AS IS OUTLINED IN THE WAIVER AND WILL NOT HOLD WILCOX WELLNESS & FITNESS LIABLE FOR ANY POTENTIAL EXPOSURE OR ILLNESS RELATED TO COVID-19.
YOU ARE ALSO CERTIFYING THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19:
*You have not been in close contact with anyone who has or had COVID-19
*You do not have a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or any other COVID-19 like symptoms
*You do not have a fever or felt feverish in the last 72 hours.
*You have not experienced the loss of taste or smell recently.
*You have not been around anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
*You are not living with anyone who has been sick or has been quarantined.
*You have not traveled to an out of state hot spot in the past 14 days.
If you have experienced any of these symptoms of exposures please DO NOT attend an in-person training session for 14 days, and consider our LIVEStream sessions in the meantime.
Thank you for all of your support and cooperation in keeping our community safe and healthy!
If you have any questions please let me know.
Hey Friends! This website has all the information you need to be set up for success LIVEStreaming our training sessions from home. Scroll down to 'categories' for easy navigation around this site.