We are so excited to welcome you back to the gym!
The health and safety of you, our community, and our team is our #1 priority. We hope that the policies and procedures that we have put into place will help you feel really confident and comfortable re-joining us at the gym. If not... that is fine too. We will continue to offer our LIVEStream Training Sessions as an option to support you through this really crazy time. This webpage will give you all of the information you will need to understand the policy for attending in-person training sessions.
We are adhering to Guidelines set for by the State of Maine and Maine CDC to provide the safest environment possible during COVID-19. We take these guidelines seriously and appreciate everyone's cooperation as we find our way through this challenging time.
Steps taken to decrease risk of COVID-19 while training inside of the gym:
Please SCROLL DOWN for specific information about attending INDOOR and OUTDOOR Training Sessions. A Q&A section is also at the bottom of this page. If you have additional questions that are not addressed on this page please contact me at email@example.com.
When attending INDOOR Training Sessions:
1) You will need to sign a COVID-19 waiver when you attend your first in-person training session. Subsequently, enrollment in a training session confirms your commitment to the terms of the waiver (waivers are located at the front desk counter).
2) If you have traveled out of state you are required to follow the guidelines set for by the Keep Maine Healthy Policies before returning to the gym. See below for more information.
3) As of November 4th, 2020 masks are required to be worn at all times when at the gym, including during your training session.
4) You are encouraged to take some time before the start of your training session to perform some foam rolling! Let’s get back into the HABIT of giving our bodies this extra love – it will surely enhance your training experience! You may arrive early so you can perform some SMR with a foam roller or lacrosse ball on your own. Blue tape is on the floor in the warm-up / cool-down area to help maintain 6' of distance while you foam roll. Please be respectful of other's space and wear your mask at all times.
5) Bring INDOOR SNEAKERS and change your shoes when you arrive.
6) Leave your belongings in one of the provided chairs when you arrive. DO NOT use the cubbies.
7) Use hand sanitizer when you arrive and before entering the gym.
8) Showers are available for use. Please follow instructions for cleaning after use, which are posted in the shower rooms. Please ask if you have any questions.
DURING YOUR TRAINING SESSION:
1) Please go directly to your training station when you arrive.
2) You will have a “Training Pod” where you will stay for the entire duration of the training session.
3) These bubbles are spaced to ensure that you can ALWAYS maintain 10’ of distance from your training neighbors. NOTE: The Maine CDC currently requires 6' of distance between participants when wearing a mask (as is currently required), yet we have chosen to maintain 10' of distance as an added precaution to keep everyone safe.
4) Hand sanitizer will be provided at your station. Use it frequently and avoid touching your face.
5) Please observe the white "X" in your station. Always use the "X" as your starting point for any exercise within your station.
6) Equipment will be dedicated to YOUR use. Please sanitize ALL equipment with the provided EPA approved sanitizer BEFORE and AFTER use. Please use the provided Alcohol Spray (green label) to sanitize the TRX after use.
7) If you need lighter or heavier weights please ask the trainer and they will get it for you.
8) MASKS MUST BE WORN FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR TRAINING SESSION PER EXECUTIVE ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR (16 FY 20/21). Masks may be removed for brief periods of time to recover and drink water. Please turn your back away from others and step as far away as possible when removing your mask. You may also step outdoors as needed to catch your breath.
10) Training sessions are being adapted for the need to wear masks when exercising in order to keep you as safe and comfortable as possible during your training session.
1) You may use the warm-up / cool-down area to extend your cool down at the end of your training session. Please maintain 6' of distance from others and keep your mask over your mouth and nose.
2) If you would like to leave your sneakers in the white cubbies please sanitize them before storing them.
3) Please use the sanitizer to clean the chair where you left your belongings.
Before arriving for your outdoor training session please ask yourself the following questions. These are the questions that you will answer on the waiver. If you cannot answer “NO” to every question, please consider LIVEStream Training for the time being.
We've got ANSWERS to your QUESTIONS!
Q: What are the policies for visiting the gym when returning to Maine from out of state or international travel?
A: We follow all of the current Maine CDC Guidelines for quarantine and/or testing when returning to Maine from Travel. More information on the current state requirements can be found HERE.
If you have traveled out of state you may return to the gym under the following conditions:
DOMESTIC OUT OF STATE TRAVEL: If you have traveled out of state and have been fully vaccinated* you do NOT need to quarantine or test in order to return to the gym.
THROUGH APRIL 2021: You do not need to test, quarantine, or be vaccinated in order to return to the gym IF you have traveled to an exempt state (NH, VT, MA, CT, RI)
AS OF MAY 1st 2021: You do not need to test, quarantine, or be vaccinated in order to return to the gym UNLESS you have traveled to a flagged state.
Check the state website to determine current flagged states (link below)
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: Upon return to the United States from International travel you must TEST AND Quarantine for 7 days OR Quarantine for 10 days if no test is performed.
Testing and quarantine is not required if you are fully vaccinated*.
*Fully vaccinated means that you have completed the 14 day period following your 2nd dose or 1st dose of J&J upon your return.
*If you received a positive COVID test within 90 days of your travel you are considered protected and do not need to quarantine or test upon your return.
Q: Will a warm up and cool down be included in the training session?
A: Yes it will! Feel free to arrive 15 minutes early to perform your SMR - foam rolling. Then the trainer will take you through a dynamic warm up. A cool down will also be included at the end of the training session.
Q: Can I continue my cool down after the training session is over?
A: Yes, you may continue to cool down in the carpeted area. Please observe the blue tape on the floor to help you maintain 6' of distance from others. Please keep your mask on until you leave the gym.
Q: Where can I put my mask when I take it off?
A: At the present time masks must be worn during the training session.
Q: When can I remove my mask?
A: At the present time you must wear your mask while in your training session. This is per executive order 14 FY 20/21 which was issued on November 5th, 2020. You may remove your mask for brief periods of time during your training session in order to recover your breath or have a drink of water. Please distance yourself as far away from others as possible and turn your back to the group when lowering your mask and return it to your face as quickly as possible.
Q: Can I stop wearing my mask to the gym once I am fully vaccinated?
A: At this time you are still required to wear your mask even if you are fully vaccinated. This policy will remain in place until the State of Maine makes changes to the current industry guidelines.
Q: Are there masks that you recommend for use when exercising?
A: Yes, there are several masks that we have tested and like for use when exercising:
Q: Do I have to choose INDOOR or LIVEStream Training Sessions?
A: No - we want to keep this as flexible as possible for you. In our group training program, you may attend any of these sessions - just sign up as always via Pike13 with a 1-hour notice.
Note: All Early Bird Sessions require enrollment 8 hours in advance so that the trainers have time to prepare for you.
Q: Do I need to buy new shoes to wear indoors?
A: No - we want you to use clean indoor shoes. The idea is that you aren't tracking germs from places like the grocery store into our facility, and as always prevent tracking dirt into the gym. You can clean an "old" pair of shoes and dedicate them to the gym going forward.
Q: What if I forget my indoor sneakers?
A: Please use the sanitizer provided at the front to clean the soles of your shoes before entering the gym.
Q: How do I know that the equipment I'm using is clean?
A: We ask that you clean the equipment that you are using during your training session BEFORE and AFTER use. This ensures that it is completely clean and you can be confident in the cleanliness since you did it yourself. The disinfectant provided in all stations is EPA approved as a disinfectant that will kill viruses.
Q: What if I need a heavier or lighter weight than what's provided in my station?
A: No problem! Just ask the trainer and they will get you a different weight. Although the new weight was previously cleaned we recommend cleaning the weight again before you start using it.
Q: Why is Alcohol used to clean the TRXs?
A: Lysol spray may also be used for spraying the TRX, however Lysol spray is currently hard to come by. The aerosol allows for a "less wet" sanitation method compared to using the "pink" cleaner. Alcohol is also an approved chemical for disinfecting and because it evaporates quickly it will prevent the TRX from getting sopping wet throughout the day.
Q: Can I use the showers?
A: Yes. Please follow the sanitization instructions that are posted inside of the shower rooms. Ask if you have any questions.
Q: What if I have seasonal allergies that are causing me to have a cough or sore throat? Am I not allowed at the gym?
A: Please consult with your physician to determine if they believe that your symptoms warrant a COVID-19 test and to confirm that your symptoms are consistent with allergies. Please refrain from in-person training sessions while you seek additional guidance from your doctor.
Do you have other questions not addressed here?
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll gladly address your questions.
I hope these protocols and policies makes you feel comfortable rejoining us in our physical location. I am pleased to be able to offer LIVEStream and INDOOR options so that you can choose the format that best fits your personal circumstances and preferences.
REST ASSURED! LIVEStream Training Sessions will continue to be offered on our schedule as long as there is a demand. I will continue to assess demand for each of the formats at different times of day and will make occasional adjustments to the schedule in an effort to provide the best mix of options to meet everyone's needs.
I thank you again for respecting the guidelines that have been put in place to keep everyone safe. If you see anything that seems out of place please let me know. As we continue to learn more about this virus and the situation evolves as we go into the fall and winter seasons I will look for adjustments to address the changing needs. We are in this together and I appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for sticking with us during this crazy time, and if you're new to our community, thank you for putting your trust in us. I realize that exercising in a gym is something that requires certain considerations for each person, and I am committed to providing you with the safest possible environment and supporting you in remaining active during this time!
Hi! My name is Allison Hopkins and I am the owner of Wilcox Wellness & Fitness in Brunswick, ME. I am excited to bring WILCOX to Brunswick and share in my passion for living a great life through health and fitness.