We are so excited to welcome you back to the gym!
The health and safety of you, our community, and our team is our #1 priority. We hope that the policies and procedures that we have put into place will help you feel really confident and comfortable re-joining us at the gym. If not... that is fine too. We will continue to offer our LIVEStream and OUTDOOR Training Sessions as an option to support you through this really crazy time. This webpage will give you all of the information you will need to understand the policy for attending in-person training sessions, either INDOORS or OUTDOORS.
We are adhering to Guidelines set for by the State of Maine and Maine CDC to provide the safest environment possible during COVID-19. We take these guidelines seriously and appreciate everyone's cooperation as we find our way through this challenging time. Please scroll down for more information about INDOOR and OUTDOOR policies.
Steps taken to decrease risk of COVID-19 while training inside of the gym:
Please SCROLL DOWN for specific information about attending INDOOR and OUTDOOR Training Sessions. A Q&A section is also at the bottom of this page. If you have additional questions that are not addressed on this page please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When attending INDOOR Training Sessions:
1) You will need to sign a COVID-19 waiver when you attend your first in-person training session. Subsequently, enrollment in a training session confirms your commitment to the terms of the waiver (waivers are located at the front desk counter).
2) If you have traveled out of state you are required to follow the guidelines set for by the Keep Maine Healthy Policies before returning to the gym. As of 12/7/20 this requires that you either quarantine for 10 days upon your return OR receive a negative COVID-19 test. More information can be found below in the FAQs.
3) As of November 4th, 2020 masks are required to be worn at all times when at the gym, including during your training session.
4) Please arrive up to 10 minutes before your training session begins so you can perform some SMR with a foam roller or lacrosse ball on your own. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes in advance as this allows time for the previous group to depart prior to your arrival.
5) Bring INDOOR SNEAKERS and change your shoes when you arrive.
6) Leave your belongings in one of the provided chairs when you arrive. DO NOT use the cubbies.
7) Use hand sanitizer when you arrive and before entering the gym.
8) Showers are available for use. Please follow instructions for cleaning after use, which are posted in the shower rooms. Please ask if you have any questions.
DURING YOUR TRAINING SESSION:
1) Please go directly to your training station when you arrive.
2) You will have a “Training Pod” where you will stay for the entire duration of the training session.
3) These bubbles are spaced to ensure that you can ALWAYS maintain 14’ of distance from your training neighbors. NOTE: The Maine CDC currently requires 6' of distance between participants when wearing a mask (as is currently required), yet we have chosen to maintain 14' of distance as an added precaution to keep everyone safe.
4) Hand sanitizer will be provided at your station. Use it frequently and avoid touching your face.
5) A foam roller will be in your station. You are encouraged to take some time before the start of your training session to perform some foam rolling! Let’s get back into the HABIT of giving our bodies this extra love – it will surely enhance your training experience!
6) Please observe the white "X" in your station. Always use the "X" as your starting point for any exercise within your station.
7) Equipment will be dedicated to YOUR use. Please sanitize ALL equipment with the provided EPA approved sanitizer BEFORE and AFTER use. Please use the provided Alcohol Spray (green label) to sanitize the TRX after use.
8) If you need lighter or heavier weights please ask the trainer and they will get it for you.
9) MASKS MUST BE WORN FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR TRAINING SESSION PER EXECUTIVE ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR (16 FY 20/21). Masks may be removed for brief periods of time to recover and drink water. Please turn your back away from others and step as far away as possible when removing your mask. You may also step outdoors as needed to catch your breath.
10) Training sessions are being adapted for the need to wear masks when exercising in order to keep you as safe and comfortable as possible during your training session.
1) Please leave IMMEDIATELY following your training session. If you want to catch up with an old training buddy please move out to the parking lot.
2) If you would like to leave your sneakers in the white cubbies please sanitize them before storing them.
3) Please use the sanitizer to clean the chair where you left your belongings.
When Attending OUTDOOR Training Sessions:
OUTDOOR SESSIONS ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL SPRING
Safety requirements for outdoor training sessions will be updated in the spring based upon the current state guidelines at that time.
1) You will need to sign a COVID-19 waiver when you attend your first in-person training session. Subsequently, enrollment in a training session confirms your commitment to the terms of the waiver.
2) Please arrive 10 minutes early so that we can start right on time.
3) Please bring a MASK with you to your training session. You do NOT have to wear a mask while exercising, but we do ask that you wear a mask if unable to maintain social distancing while signing the waiver, picking out your equipment, etc.
4) There is a 3' x 4' rubber mat at each station. You may find it helpful to bring a towel for use under your feet or hands.
5) Equipment will be dedicated to YOUR use. Please sanitize ALL equipment with the provided “pink” cleaner BEFORE and AFTER use. At the end of your session please spray down the mat with the cleaner.
6) You may want to bring insect repellent - the bugs haven't been too bad, but the black flies and mosquitos are most active early in the morning and in the evening.
7) No special shoes required. You can wear your regular "outdoor sneakers".
Before arriving for your outdoor training session please ask yourself the following questions. These are the questions that you will answer on the waiver. If you cannot answer “NO” to every question, please consider LIVEStream Training for the time being.
1) Have you been in close contact with anyone who has or had COVID-19?
2) Do you have a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or any other COVID-19 like symptoms?
3) Have you had a fever or felt feverish in the last 72hrs?
4) Have you experienced loss of taste or smell recently?
5) Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms in the last 14 days?
6) Are you living with anyone who has been sick or has been quarantined?
7) Have you traveled out of state hot spot and interacted with the general public in the past 14 days?
We've got ANSWERS to your QUESTIONS!
Q: What are the policies for visiting the gym when returning to Maine from out of state travel?
A: We follow all of the current Maine CDC Guidelines for quarantine and/or testing when returning to Maine from Travel. The most up to date information can be found at the Keep Maine Health FAQ page, which can be found HERE. As of 12/7/2020 travelers returning to Maine must EITHER quarantine for 10 days OR receive a NEGATIVE Antigen or PCR based COVID-19 test result.
Q: Will a warm up and cool down be included in the training session?
A: Yes it will! Feel free to arrive 10 minutes early to perform your SMR - foam rolling. Then the trainer will take you through a dynamic warm up. A cool down will also be included at the end of the training session.
Q: Where can I put my mask when I take it off?
A: There is a cone in each station where you can set your mask.
Q: When can I remove my mask?
A: At the present time you must wear your mask while in your training session. This is per executive order 14 FY 20/21 which was issued on November 5th, 2020. You may remove your mask for brief periods of time during your training session in order to recover your breath or have a drink of water. Please distance yourself as far away from others as possible and turn your back to the group when lowering your mask and return it to your face as quickly as possible.
Q: Do I have to choose INDOOR, OUTDOOR or LIVEStream?
A: No - we want to keep this as flexible as possible for you. In our group training program, you may attend any of these sessions - just sign up as always via Pike13 with a 1-hour notice.
Note: All Early Bird Sessions (5:45am) require enrollment 8 hours in advance so that the trainers have time to prepare for you.
NOTE: OUTDOOR Sessions are suspended until spring.
Q: Do I need to buy new shoes to wear indoors?
A: No - we want you to use clean indoor shoes. The idea is that you aren't tracking germs from places like the grocery store into our facility, and as always prevent tracking dirt into the gym. You can clean an "old" pair of shoes and dedicate them to the gym going forward.
Q: What if I forget my indoor sneakers?
A: Please use the sanitizer provided at the front to clean the soles of your shoes before entering the gym.
Q: How do I know that the equipment I'm using is clean?
A: We ask that you clean the equipment that you are using during your training session BEFORE and AFTER use. This ensures that it is completely clean and you can be confident in the cleanliness since you did it yourself. The disinfectant provided in all stations is EPA approved as a disinfectant that will kill viruses.
Q: What if I need a heavier or lighter weight than what's provided in my station?
A: No problem! Just ask the trainer and they will get you a different weight. Although the new weight was previously cleaned we recommend cleaning the weight again before you start using it.
Q: Why is Alcohol used to clean the TRXs?
A: Lysol spray may also be used for spraying the TRX, however Lysol spray is currently hard to come by. The aerosol allows for a "less wet" sanitation method compared to using the "pink" cleaner. Alcohol is also an approved chemical for disinfecting and because it evaporates quickly it will prevent the TRX from getting sopping wet throughout the day.
Q: What does OUTDOOR "No Tent" mean on the schedule?
A: There are 5 spots under the tent that allow for 14' of distance between participants. The "No Tent" option provides 3 overflow spots that are not located under the tent.
PROTIP: If a tent session is full put yourself on the waitlist for the "tent session" AND enroll in the "No Tent" option. This will "put you in line" for a space under the tent should someone cancel. The trainer will remove you from the "No Tent" option if you are moved off of the waitlist.
Q: Can I use the showers?
A: Yes. Please follow the sanitization instructions that are posted inside of the shower rooms. Ask if you have any questions.
Q: What do I need to do in order to return to the gym if I travel out of state?
A: If you travel out of state please contact me to discuss the specifics of your travel. You may be required to receive a COVID-19 test or quarantine for 14 days before returning to the gym. You may choose to attend LIVEStream Training during this time.
Q: What if I have seasonal allergies that are causing me to have a cough or sore throat? Am I not allowed at the gym?
A: Please consult with your physician to determine if they believe that your symptoms warrant a COVID-19 test and to confirm that your symptoms are consistent with allergies. Please refrain from in-person training sessions while you seek additional guidance from your doctor.
Do you have other questions not addressed here?
Please email me at email@example.com and I'll gladly address your questions.
I hope these protocols and policies makes you feel comfortable rejoining us in our physical location. I am pleased to be able to offer LIVEStream, OUTDOOR and INDOOR options so that you can choose the format that best fits your personal circumstances and preferences.
REST ASSURED! LIVEStream Training Sessions will continue to hold a strong position on the schedule. I will continue to assess demand for each of the formats at different times of day and will make occasional adjustments to the schedule in an effort to provide the best mix of options to meet everyone's needs.
I thank you again for respecting the guidelines that have been put in place to keep everyone safe. If you see anything that seems out of place please let me know. As we continue to learn more about this virus and the situation evolves as we go into the fall and winter seasons I will look for adjustments to address the changing needs. We are in this together and I appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for sticking with us during this crazy time, and if you're new to our community, thank you for putting your trust in us. I realize that exercising in a gym is something that requires certain considerations for each person, and I am committed to providing you with the safest possible environment and supporting you in remaining active during this time!
Hi! My name is Allison Hopkins and I am the owner of Wilcox Wellness & Fitness in Brunswick, ME. I am excited to bring WILCOX to Brunswick and share in my passion for living a great life through health and fitness.