This week's movement of the week is a DB Curl to Stepping Row & Press
Think Strength Training & do your best to move slow to allow your brain to connect with your body!! You can do this!
We start by curling the dumbbell and rotating towards that side. So, rotate towards your dumbbell. From there you will lock in your legs, your abdominals, and your posture to set up the overhead press. Once you are locked in you will drive through your feet to rotate towards the bungee side and press the dumbbell overhead while taking a step back. You can do this!!
DB Curl w/ Stepping Row & Press - Movement of the Week Explainer by Paige Wilcox
It sounds like a lot (and there are a lot of little things going on here), but if you slow yourself down, especially at the beginning of the week, you will easily nail this technique and understand the concept of FULL BODY STRENGTH. You will actually use your legs and core much more than your arms when done with solid technique. One more time.....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Here's your checklist:
1. Strong Unilateral Stance, Dumbbell same side as front foot.
2. As you curl the weight, rotate towards the dumbbell
3. Lock in the legs, abs, and posture
4. Slowly start to press the dumbbell as you step and rotate towards the bungee band side.
5. Finish with Best Posture Possible