This week's movement of the week is a Medicine Ball Lateral Step into Full Body Rotation.
This movement should be a highly successful one, you have been practicing the lateral step in recent weeks & the rotation of the feet is something we do in almost every training session! As you perfect the techniques and timing of this exercise, feel free to try some heavier weights to challenge your body's ability to be powerful and agile at the same time.
Getty up & have a ton of confidence with this one!
The 2 main purposes of this movement are:
1. to establish quality footwork - laterally and rotating
2. to establish a connection from the lower body to the upper body
when moving laterally as well as rotating the entire body
Here's your checklist:
1. Start with a strong unilateral (staggered) stance. Strong footwork, elevate the ribs off the hips, and your best posture.
2. Step laterally by pushing off the forward foot, this foot will now become your back foot, plant it into the floor with strength.
3. Ensure you still have stable feet, core, and posture.
4. Rotate the entire body 180 degrees by rotating the feet and bringing the ball slightly overhead and back in front of the torso.
5. Repeat the action in the opposite direction.
Leave a Reply.