This week's movement of the week is a Kettlebell Stepping Pendulum w/ Pause & Reach
You are going to use the pendulum to dictate your movement:
1. When the kettlebell comes down, you will do a little lunge and rotate towards the kettlbell
2. When the kettlebell comes up, you will wait until it is above shoulder height, then you will step out of your lunge, stand tall & 'reach' the kettlebell towards the ceiling, rotating over the front leg.
It will be important that you start in your best posture, with your abdominals ON & elevating the ribs off of the hips. This will ensure your legs & core are doing most of the work & not your back & arms!
Be sure to let the pendulum do its job by keeping your arm straight throughout. At the top of the movement, you will pause and attempt to lengthen your lats by 'reaching' for the ceiling & improving your rotation.
The goal is to find length in the body at the top of the movement.
Here's your checklist:
1. Strong Unilateral Stance w/ Best Possible Posture
2. Stay Long (elevated) Throughout
3. Maintain Strong Abdominals & Mid-Back
4. Allow the pendulum to lead you, by keeping your arm straight and being patient - do not take the step until the kettlebell is above the shoulder
5. Control your body as you move by prioritizing great footwork & maintaining core strength.
Wilcox Wellness & Fitness
WANT MORE OF THIS? Be sure to connect with us on Social Media. We post daily on both Facebook and Instagram for motivation, inspiration, and helpful tips, tricks, and strategies for healthy living. You can join our private Facebook group to go even deeper with us or book a call to see how you can get started training with us in person. We can't wait to connect with you and support you along your journey with healthy living!