How I “do” moderation …
First: I’m sharing things because “moderation” is a big buzzword these days when it comes to health & fitness, but it’s hard to pinpoint what it actually means.
It’s confusing, because (at least on my social media feed) it seems to involve someone scarfing down thousands of empty (sugary, high-fat) calories all at once.
Which... to me, DOESN’T seem very moderate at all!
For me, moderation means:
1. Enjoying “totally worth it” treats and not following a super restrictive way of eating.
2. Focusing on nourishing myself well with healthy whole foods 80-90% of the time and allowing the rest to be extras. (Mike calls them extra-curricular)
On a day-to-day basis, that looks like:
1. Eating a good balance of healthy carbs, fat, and protein at every meal.
2. Sharing an ice cream sundae from Fielders Choice with Mike once per week (we LOVE the dugout floor sundae with peanut butter sauce)
3. Having some 'healthy(ish)' sweets on hand for when I get a craving after dinner
What does moderation mean to YOU? Let me know in the comments!