This week's movement of the week is a DB Single Arm Swing to Row.
This is another familiar movement and we will be using the technique from last week - using your obliques more - to complete the rowing motion. The row should not be dominated by your mid-back (muscles near your spine), but the OUTSIDE (latissimus) of your back in combination with the obliques!!
Allow the Dumbbell to swing between the legs with your thumb pointing behind you. When you come out of the hinging motion and move to the rowing motion, point your thumb to the sky!
You will want utilize the legs & core to swing the dumbbell to shoulder height, then, utilize phenomenal posture in combination with the lats and obliques to complete the row as mentioned above.
Here's your checklist:
1. Strong Bilateral Stance, Pulling the floor apart with your feet.
2. HInge from the hips and get your thumb pointed behind you.
3. Wait for the dumbbell to swing to the height of your shoulder prior to rowing with your thumb pointed up.
4. Punch the dumbbell right back out (do not hold the position unless you are practicing the different 'phases' of the movement).
5. USE YOUR CORE - from your feet all the way to your neck!
Your muscles are connected a ton more than you think. So, setting up your fundamentals or your FOUNDATION will allow your body to work more connected, which means more efficiently. This is the ultimate goal.