This week's movement of the week is a Dumbbell Pendulum w/ Band Row
Patience will be your key this week as you wait for the dumbbell to 'float' forward until it reaches shoulder height before standing up out of your squat.
As always, your starting position will be crucial to your ability to coordinate your body in sequence. Start by pulling the floor apart with your feet, elevating your ribs away from your hips & finding your very best posture.
As the pendulum moves down and behind you, rotate towards that side. As it starts to move forward, allow the dumbbell to travel all the way to shoulder height without changing your body's position. As the dumbbell moves up towards the ceiling you will straighten your legs, and rotate towards the band side while rowing.
Remember to take some time early in the week to 'feel' the end positions - the squat rotated towards the dumbbell side & the standing row positioning with the dumbbell overhead. Creating familiarity with these two positions will help you learn where to keep tension in your body to succeed this week.
Here's your checklist:
1. Strong bilateral stance, pulling the floor apart
2. Allow the dumbbell to become a pendulum, utilize the momentum to lead your movement
3. Maintain strong abdominals & mid-back posture
4. Stand tall at the top, ensuring your shoulder blade depresses slightly (NO SHRUGS)
5. Control Your Body As You Move!!!!
Leave a Reply.