This week's movement of the week is a Stepping Row to Rotating Press. We will be utilizing the hard work we put in last week with the kneeling row to initiate this movement & finish it up by rotating the feet and 'pull to press'.
When you perform the Stepping Row, you will use the lats, obliques and an explosive step. The tendency, because the band is in your hand, to pull with the hand & the bicep. This is not good for many reasons, the biggest being that the stability of your shoulder is compromised. So, elevate your posture, and brace your abdominals so that your obliques & your lats do the majority of the 'rowing' motion.
Secondly, you will now use the technique of rotating your feet (just like we do in the Pre-Training Full Body Rotation) to initiate the Rotating Press motion. It is crucial that the timing of this sequence is fluid. Rotate the feet, rotate the torso, pull from the empty hand & finally press the band.
On the way back, you just reverse the movement under control back to the start. Stay elevated throughout, and use your breathing to help expand your ribcage & your body will naturally perform this movement.....believe it or not!!!
Here's your checklist:
1. Strong Unilateral Stance, Pulling with the Front Foot
2. Use a powerful step back in combination with a rotation from your obliques and lats.
3. Rotate your feet (A LOT) & Pull to Press
4. Check in on your footwork, elevation, and posture after each step
5. Control your body as your reverse the order of movements back to the beginning.