Let's GO! We will be utilizing the RIP Trainer for this week's movement of the week! It's such a great tool for us to utilize to practice the technique of rotating into the push-pull prior to the 'big' movement, which is a stepping row with a tricep extension.
The technique of rotating away at the start is to provide length on the muscles that we will use to complete the stepping row. When there is 'more' length on the muscles, we become more flexible and strong in the lengthened range of motion! I hope that makes sense and if it does not, please reach out or grab a trainer at the gym and ASK QUESTIONS!
RIP Trainer Stepping Row - Movement of the Week Explainer by Paige Wilcox
We've worked hard on this technique in different movements over the last several weeks. We believe this is going to solidify all that hard work you've put in!!
Here's your checklist:
1. Strong Unilateral Stance, Pulling with the Front Foot
2. As you push with one hand, equally pull with the other.
3. Rotate towards the pressing arm & lock-in full-body strength
4. Slowly shift your body weight into your back leg prior to stepping.
5. As you step - rotate, row, and extend the rowing arm, gripping the floor with your feet.
You are going to nail this for sure!