This week's movement of the week is a Step Hop w/ Band Rotation
You will really be honing in on what the proper amount of rotation in as you practice this movement. It will require serious discipline with footwork and utilizing the obliques to rotate without over-using the arms.
We will be working in some really nice progressions this week to get the techniques down that will help you be successful at the end of the week. As always, new movements are tough, but fighting through the challenge is how we learn and grow best (that's why we do them)!!
Be sure to check in on the techniques the coaches are teaching by pausing, moving a bit slower to 'feel' things better, and asking questions!!
You will be surprised with the amount of leg & core strength this movement will require each time you land. Do your very best to maintain tension on your abdominals as you step or hop and you will have success.
Good luck & have fun experimenting with movement!
Here's your checklist:
1. Start by pulling or corkscrewing the floor apart
2. Elevate your ribs away from your hips to create tension in your core
3. Lock your arms in place prior to hopping onto the step
4. Stay engaged as you minimally rotate your ribs in mid-air
5. Pull or corkscrew your feet apart as soon as possible when landing