So many people think that starting or “being good” on a weight loss journey involves giving up dining out.
And that is simply NOT true!
Sure, you can control what’s in your food way more at home, but it doesn’t mean that going out – even a few times a week – is off the table.
Here are 10 principles that you can easily follow that will continue to support your health and fitness goals:
1. Decide before you go – looking at the menu ahead of time and making a healthy choice can be a game-changer. That way, you don’t even have to open the menu and face temptation.
2. Whatever protein you order, make sure it’s grilled, baked, or broiled.
3. If you’re having an appetizer, choose a salad with vinegar-based dressing.
4. Order all sauces and dressings on the side.
5. Indulge in one thing only – either a glass of wine or a little dessert or bread.
6. Ask for vegetables to come steamed.
7. Drink a good amount of water before arriving to the restaurant and when you sit down to curb hunger.
8. Ask for “extras” like bread, chips, etc. not be brought to the table.
9. Don’t feel guilty asking for substitutions.
10. Don’t feel pressure to eat all of your food – it’s okay to have leftovers!
I love enjoying a meal I didn’t cook myself (actually it’s my favorite category of meal) as much as the next person, so I hope that these guidelines help you enjoy that part of life while still staying on track with your health and fitness!
And as always, if you know you need more support, guidance, and accountability, I got you. Leave a comment or send me a message and I’ll be in touch with ya ASAP!
WANT MORE OF THIS? Be sure to connect with us on Social Media. We post daily on both Facebook and Instagram for motivation, inspiration, and helpful tips, tricks, and strategies for healthy living. You can join our private Facebook group to go even deeper with us or book a call to see how you can get started training with us in person. We can't wait to connect with you and support you along your journey with healthy living!